ARC Review: Uncharted: An “On the Island” Novella

Uncharted - Tracey Garvis-Graves

I’m a huge fan of On the Island so I was soooo ecstatic to read this book!! In Uncharted, we are introduced to a new character, Owen Sparks, who made millions in the dotcom boom and decided to leave it all behind and escape to an island around the Maldives. On this island, he lived in paradise, falls in love but also suffered great loss and tragedy. When he finds Anna & TJ, he relays to them his story of his time on the island.

I can’t divulge too much as this is a short novella, but this was great. I enjoyed revisiting Anna & TJ and reading about their lives with their children. The reader is reminded just how much they have been through but also what a great life they have now.

I also enjoyed Owen’s story and his love interest Callia. It was nice to watch them fall in love on the island but I didn’t feel their connection as strongly as I did for TJ & Anna. We also learn who “Bones” was and how he came about to be on the island.

I did have some issues with a decision TJ made towards the end as I didn’t like the risk that he took but I also can see why he did it. Overall, this is a fun companion novella to On the Island but probably not as magical as Anna & TJ’s story.

*ARC provided by Penguin via Netgalley

This review is also posted at Readers Confession.