Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin)

Spider's Bite - Jennifer Estep Gin is an elemental assassin known as Spider. Her recent job turns out to be a set up which also leads to the death of her handler who has been like a father to her. She teams up w long time friend, Finn and Detective Donavan Caine to find out why and who has turned on her.I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this book. The heroine is kick ass and is very meticulous about her work. She's good at what she does and when she catches others slippin' it's so fun to read how she flawlessly slits their throats. Finn is a fun character who I really liked and I was a bit disappointed that he wasn't Gin's love interest. Caine is yummy though and the dynamic relationship w Gin is very interesting. Gin had murdered his partner and Caine has since been seeking to avenge his death. They put thier differences aside for now and their sexual tension is hot! The world building, action and mystery were paced nicely and I was hardly bored. I look forward to continuing reading this series.