Highlander Most Wanted: The Montgomerys and Armstrongs

Highlander Most Wanted  - Maya Banks Against her will, Genevieve McInnis, is held captive by Ian McHugh and labeled as his willing whore. In the hands of evil, she is tormented, tortured, scarred, and physically and emotionally damaged. With no support from the McHugh clansman, she endures her captivity and hope for freedom one day. When Bowen Montgomery arrives to seize the McHugh keep and avenge for all the wrongs that were done to his sister-in-law in Never Seduce a Scot, this gives Genevieve some hope for escape.I really liked the hero, Bowen Montgomery, who is a very honorable, strong, and protective man. He is also stubborn at times but his sexiness makes up for it. To be honest, I didn’t find anything too different about him compared to other heroes in this genre. Genevieve really stole the show for me. Maya Banks writes a damaged heroine so well. My heart truly broke reading about her awful captivity within the McHugh keep. The horrible things that she had to endure were purely heartbreaking to read. I’m glad the author didn’t divulge too much into details about it but it was just enough to make my gut wrench. To have no support among clan was also very harsh but Genevieve is a tough heroine who didn’t break down despite all of her mistreatment. She continued on and stood up and fought for what she believed in. Overall, I adored this book!! There were misunderstandings which were frustrating at times but it’s good to know that all will end well with these types of books. I liked how this book displayed the ability to sacrifice one’s happiness for another. It was also nice to see the bond between the Montgomerys and Armstrongs grow stronger from the last book where they were essentially enemies. I just love Maya Banks and her historical romances. I adored her McCabe trilogy as well as the first book of this series. I can’t wait to read more historical romances by this author.“He realized, he wanted Genevieve to be happy, because when he looked at her he saw a sadness and resignation so deep that it weighed heavy in his chest. ’Twas not a comfortable sensation.”*This ARC was provided by Edelweiss and Ballantine Books.