God Shaped Hole

God-Shaped Hole - Tiffanie DeBartolo 4.5 StarsI loved How to Kill a Rock Star so I knew that I had to get my hands on this book also. I was ecstatic to finally borrow this from my county library. I don't know how to use words to describe what a beautiful story this is. Tiffanie DeBartolo has such a great way of conveying words and prose. I will just leave it at that and list some of my favorite quotes from this book.******************************************************"We’re all searching for something to fill up what I like to call that big, God-shaped hole in our souls. Some people use alcohol, or sex, or their children, or food, or money, or music, or heroin. A lot of people even use the concept of God itself. I could go on and on. I used to know a girl who used shoes. She had over two-hundred pairs. But it’s all the same thing, really. People, for some stupid reason, think they can escape their sorrows." ******************************************************Ordinarily, I wasn’t such a girl. But Jacob had seemingly used his dick as a knife and pierced right through my armor. I felt my vulnerability trickling down my legs, spilling out all over the bed, being replaced by an injection of his fresh new hope. A love transfusion.******************************************************"Here’s the thing. I feel like we grew in the same womb or something. Like we’ve been connected from the beginning by blood and veins. Siamese soul lovers, if there could ever be such a thing."******************************************************"Everyone feels that void. Everyone who has the balls to look inside themselves, anyway. It's what life's all about.. A search."******************************************************"We didn't want to be presidents, or astronauts, or Bill Gates. We had pathetically simple dreams: to do meaningful work that we could be proud of, to be together, and to be happy. That certainly wasn't too much to ask. Or was it?"******************************************************"I love you. More than I ever thought it was possible to love someone. Siamese twin lovers, identical wombs, whatever the hell you called it."