Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry Series #1)

Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles This is your classic story about two people from different parts of town falling in love. Alex, a Latino Blood gangbanger, & Brittany, a perfect, rich white girl from the Northside, are paired up together as chemistry lab partners for their senior year in high school. These two could be no more than opposites yet they are more similar than what the surface displays. There is an underlying attraction to each other that they both do not want to admit to. When they could no longer deny their feelings for one another, it's not so easy being two star crossed lovers.I loved this young adult novel! I don't think I've ever felt so strongly for characters in a YA before! Alex & Brittany (also Paco) tugged on my heart. I felt Alex's inner struggles with his gang life, doing what he needs to do to protect his family. Brittany struggles to keep up with her perfect persona to hide her not so perfect life. This story felt very realistic to me where I could picture many scenes happening in real life. Such as how their friends and families reacted to their relationship, Alex's gang life and also the sad event that happens in this story. Simone Elkeles captured all this exceptionally well. I also truly enjoyed the Epilogue. It was fantastic!! This is the first book I've read from this author and I look forward to reading many more of her books.